Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 3 - Vegetarian

Lentils anyone?

K today was awesome, alhamdulilal!! For breakfast I made an avocado spread with some tomatoes, olives, and cheese.....ate it with whole wheat crackers......it was so delicious!!! And for lunch and dinner, I made a lebanese dish called mujudera, which is basically just lentils, burgul, and onions. I ate it with some plain yogurt, and ended up having it for both lunch and dinner, b/c it was just so yummy!!

I went to the grocery store today, and i loaded my 2 carts up with all fruits, veggies and whole grains. I'll be happy to let u also know my grocery bill was way less than normal, when i buy meat and chicken. Anyways, when I got home, I got all of my veggies and some fruit, cut them up in snack size pieces, put them in some tupperware, and then in the fridge for easy access.

Just a side note, did u know that lentils are one of the highest sources of antioxidants found in winter growing legumes. And since lentils have such high levels of fiber, it increases the size of your poop, which speed the journey of waste products through the gut...which is great for constipation. Also fiber-rich foods are more filling than other foods, so people tend to eat less. Just an FYI.

Honestly I still have tons of energy, and not craving any meats at all, and literally enjoying this change in my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment | Feed



 
^

Powered by BloggerJujey's Blog by UsuárioCompulsivo
original Washed Denim by Darren Delaye
Creative Commons License