Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 1 - Vegetarian


Ok so today was my offical start date for going vegetarian for 1 week. Honestly it didn't even phase me, and I didn't have any cravings for chicken or meat. I did though read that some vegetarians still eat eggs and fish, so this morning i had an egg sandwhich. I had soup for lunch with some carrot and celery sticks, and a piece of banana bread, that I made with no sugar or butter, and substituted it for applesauce and honey. For dinner, i made some roasted sweet potatoes and another bowl of soup. For snacks I had nuts, popcorn and fruit.

I opted out for using any butter, and instead i am using a tsp of olive oil for frying eggs. I still feel kinda guilty eating eggs......i dunno, i think if u are a real vegetarian, then you shouldn't eat eggs or fish. But hey I have to gradually get into this....since next week i am going Vegan, where I can't have any dairy products, or anything that comes from animals. That week will be quite interesting.

All in all, today was easy, I had lots of energy, and enjoyed everything I ate. Wonder what I will be saying when the middle of the week hits.....we'll see :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment | Feed



 
^

Powered by BloggerJujey's Blog by UsuárioCompulsivo
original Washed Denim by Darren Delaye
Creative Commons License