Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Moon!

So last night, we decided to do a bonfire, my son comes running in the house and says "mom, mom hurry and get ur camera, there is this circle, like a halo around the moon". So I rush to get my camera and ran outside, and to my suprise, it actually did look like a large halo around the moon. It was subhanallah the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I took a pic of it, but not sure if u can really see in the pic, it is very faint.




Ok u can't even tell in this pic i took, but look below, i found a pic on the net of exactly how the moon looked last night.




Subhanallah how beautiful eh!!! And u wanna know why this happens? I googled it and this is what I found out...Rings around the moon are caused when moonlight passes through thin clouds of ice crystals high in Earth's atmosphere. As moonlight passes through the ice crystals, it is bent in a way similar to light passing through a lens. The shape of the ice crystals causes the moonlight to be focused into a ring. This is similar to the way water droplets in the lower atmosphere can bend sunlight to create a rainbow.

Good enough lesson for u today? hehehhe.

3 comments:

Mona Zenhom said...

SubhanAllah, beautiful.

Rana said...

Very beautiful! Mashallah, your son know about natural beauty.

muslimah93 said...

Subhanallah! You captured it very good, mashallah! =)

Post a Comment | Feed



 
^

Powered by BloggerJujey's Blog by UsuárioCompulsivo
original Washed Denim by Darren Delaye
Creative Commons License